Diabetic Recipe Beef and Bean Burritos Mexican Dishes
These beef and bean burritos are simple to make and savory with every bite. The garlic, cilantro and green chilies add authenticity to this traditional Mexican favorite.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ pound beef round steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 4 ounces) diced mild green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Salsa and fat-free sour cream (optional)
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add steak and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until steak is cooked to desired doneness.
- Stir beans, chilies and cilantro into skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon steak mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; sprinkle cheese evenly over each tortilla. Fold bottom end of tortilla over filling; roll to enclose. Serve with salsa and fat-free sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition per Serving:
(Serving size = 1 burrito without salsa and sour cream)
- Calories = 278
- Total fat = 7 g
- Saturated fat = 2 g
- Cholesterol = 31 mg
- Carbohydrate = 36 g
- Fiber = 1 g
- Protein = 19 g
- Sodium = 956 mg
- Fat = ½
- Meat = 1 ½
- Vegetable = 1
- Starch = 1